Whether you’re in a long-term partnership or single and on the dating scene, sex is an important part of many relationships. While society, in general, is discussing sex more openly, it still remains a taboo topic of conversation for many people.
Below are 10 quirky truths about the UK’s bedroom habits.
1 The average couple in the UK has sex two or three times per week.
2 16 is the average age of first-time sex In the UK
3 Single people who think about sex are more likely to use an emoji.
4 According to Durex, 1 in 10 women admits to faking orgasms as often as once a week!
5 Almost 3 million Brits own a sex toy:
- One-third of women are more likely to use a sex toy
- Only 12% of men will admit to owning one
- Vibrators are the most popular choice
6 Sexual frequency - amongst middle aged people in the UK
- Daily – 11%
- 4-6 times a week – 2.9%
- 2-3 times a week – 15.1%
- Once a week – 13.9%
- Once every two weeks – 8.7%
- Once per month – 8.4%
- Less than once per month – 11.5%
- Only on special occasions – 3.8%
- None – 34%
7 Sex life satisfaction - by generation in the UK
- Gen z – male 36% female 38%
- Millennials – male 38% female 37%
- Gen x – male 27% female 31%
- Boomers – male 21% female 22%
8 36% of people check their Facebook and Twitter accounts after a roll in the hay.
9 80% of 16–24’s used a condom for their first time.
10 Over three-quarters of both men and women had experienced oral sex in the past year.